>To: "PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network"
>From: [log in to unmask] (David Langridge)
>Subject: Re: GUARANTEED OFFENSIVE: "Rebel Without A Pause"
>
>re message from Anita Life
>>JETHRO:
>>You don't have to talk about PD in this forum (unless you want to). Heck,
>>it's just a big bulletin-board like the one at Wynn-Dixie where others can
>>say "howdy" and chat about nothing in particular or just "fuss at one
>>another" in front of 1400 people (rather than post to them directly and
>>have us miss out on all the details). By the way, tell us how your
>>garage sale went on Saturday when you get a chance...we'd all love to know.
>>Don't worry about when people shout and wave their arms about "bandwidth"
>>...near as I can tell, that's some CB-radio lingo designed to scare us off
>>from chatting with one another as all the frustrated people look on banging
>>their "DELETE" keys. Heck, you and I are interested in what we're talking
>>about (I think) so what does anybody else's concerns have to do with
>>anything! Write me back soon (just hit reply; don't worry about others
>>seeing it).
>>

>ANITA
>You sure make me feel a lot better about telling about that fishing trip to
Utah  and that 20 pounder I caught.Some of the  folk on this list seem to
have Parkinsons as a full time occupation and hobby - heck  there are other
things in life and don't folk want to hear about a guy who has had pd for 20
years smokes three packs of Marlborough a day,drinks a bottle of Nob Creek
before lunch,takes 3000mg of levadopes a day the hard stuff  -none of that
fancy slow release and cardidopa shit and ain't spent a dime on any of that
overpriced supplement trash and STILL runs 5 miles every day before
breakfast,plays golf 6 hours a day, plays poker with the guys most evenings(
that old mask face sure can be useful at times) and often end up playing
jazz piano with the resident outfit at Barbys'. Cute bit of ass that Linda
who plays trumpet.I  sometimes give her a lift home (slowly- wink wink) And
STILL when he takes a months vacation with his fishing buddy Stan beats the
state record.

>By the way Marianne sais she wants to leave me.Sais she can't stand living
with a guy who has Parkinsons.I wonder if any other guys have had this problem.

>Will tell you about the garage sale but got to log off now 22.00 Marianne
has gone to bed with a headache and I,m off to Barbys' -the guys are
throwing me a 21st parkie party

>Love you Anita babe- thanks for listening.
>
>Love you all out there on the list and thanks to Anita if you don't like
what Iv'e said I don't care a f***.Just hit that Godam delete key

>Huggy Bear JETHRO

JETHRO

First let  me congratulate you on your go get it, get on with life attitude
to Parkinsons.A lot of people have told me that giving up work and taking
early retirement has opened the door to a new life.How nice to see somebody
who doesn 't winge or wallow in self pity

But I have to say that your relationship with Marianne and her threat to
leave you worries me.After all when you get to Schwab and England scale 40%
who is going to wheel you around in a push chair?. Marianne sounds sort of
tolerant and maybe you need time together just to talk over your problems.I
see you live a very full life Jethro but couln't you  fit in say half an
hour of togetherness.Do I detect a chink  in your schedule between 3 and 5
a.m?
In trying to work out what could be wrong in your relationship I wondered
whether you were paying enough attention to your personal appearance.I have
found this a common  problem for Parkinson people.They tend sometimes for
obvious  reasons and no personal criticsm implied here to let themselves go
a little.After your fishing trip I saw a picture of you and the park ranger
standing near the river where you caught your fish.Did I sense that he was
keeping his distance from you and looked a little uncomfortable as if there
was a nasty smell somewhere ?.And that  very powerful antioxidant skunk oil
could not be the cause as you say you do not use suplements. Also your beard
looks a little too long for safety I might suggest-tripping over one's beard
is an additional hazard one can do with out particularly if one's sense of
balance has been effected.Anybody with a beard who sits at a computer should
be particularly careful.I know somebody who got his beard entangled with his
hard drive with the most unfortunate consequences.Don't be afraid to use the
archives for topics such as shaving,bathing, cleaning teeth, cutting
fingernails and nose picking.Believe me Jethro, nothing is more off putting
to a woman than lack of personal hygiene in their partner.

Finaly I have to say how much I deplore your treament by a list member who
described you as a drunken, dirty, philandering  slob.There is no room for
intolerance of any kind on our list.

Sheila Prim
Agonist Aunt
The Parkinson village