At 04:42 am 18/11/96 -0500, David Langridge wrote:

>re message from Anita Life
>>JETHRO:
>>You don't have to talk about PD in this forum (unless you want to). Heck,
>>it's just a big bulletin-board like the one at Wynn-Dixie where others can
>>say "howdy" and chat about nothing in particular or just "fuss at one
>>another" in front of 1400 people (rather than post to them directly and
>>have us miss out on all the details).

>ANITA
>You sure make me feel a lot better about telling about that fishing trip to
>Utah  and that 20 pounder I caught.Some of the  folk on this list seem to
>have Parkinsons as a full time occupation and hobby - heck  there are other
>things in life and don't folk want to hear about a guy...
>Love you Anita babe- thanks for listening.
>Love you all out there on the list and thanks to Anita if you don't like
>what Iv'e said I don't care a f***.Just hit that Godam delete key
>Huggy Bear JETHRO

Dear Anita and Jethro,

Just as children should not play with telephones, neither should they play
with computers, and send naughty e-mail messages.

If you were a new member, looking for help and caring, how would you react
to reading these messages? Dealing with Parkinson's every day is difficult
enough. Yes, there are days when we need to vent, or whine and complain, and
feel sorry for ourselves, if you like, but aren't we entitled?

Then there are those days when we feel good, and just want to share our
feelings and experiences with others, and that is the most wonderful thing
about OUR list. We share a common bond, and we know there is always someone
willing to help, or just listen. Often there may be something in a personal
message that we think, perhaps incorrectly, may be of value to some of the
other list members...and if not, there is always the 'delete' key...

Most Parkinsonians have a Jekyll and Hyde personality. Knowing this,
shouldn't we try to have more understanding. Sometimes we err, and send
messages to the list when they should have been sent to the individual. It
has been said, - "Hindsight is grand, and wouldn't it be nice if we all said
and did the right thing all the time?" But hey...none of us is perfect, nor
were we before becoming intimately involved with Mr. P.

Love y'all,

Judith