> (I was in the room when he took the test, and although I was seated  about 3
>feet away, I could clearly identify the scents - for example, when I clearly
>smelled bubble gum, he was trying to decide whether he was smelling violets
>or fuel oil).

When I took this test at University Medical Center in Tucson, AZ (where I
believe it originated with Dr Erwin Montgomery), I thought it was going to
be fun. I had no idea how profound my loss of smell was until I found myself
trying to pick between peanut butter and roses, as your husband was also
confounded. It was one of the most frustrating hours of my life!

Kathie Tollifson