    DEAR Reader, I often wonder where someone is living when I'm reading a
posting. Seems to me that it would fill in some blanks and help me to
understand what someone is struggling with if I had some sense of where
they are. Barbara P says it can't be done because

>There is no way I know of to count our members by state.  In
>fact, since most of the US members use AOL, Compuserve, or Prodigy, there
>really isn't any way for the listserve program to know which state a
>person is from.  It doesn't even know which country someone is from if
>they use any of those internet service providers.  Someone who lives
>about 5 miles from me uses one of the isp's and is listed as being from
>the US.  :)  Sorry about that.  Barb
    Formidable problem for sure. BUT I'm still curious if, for example, we
have membership in all 50 states. It may even prove helpful,for example,
when the Udall bill comes up this year we might have some indication of in
which states we are not so well represented.AN idea comes to mind . For the
next couple of weeks could you when you are posting a message make a note
at the end of your message as to which state OR country you are living
Obviouly we will only capture those that wish to share such {and I will
respect your wish for privacy.} and those that send in messages. which I
would guess to be about 20%
    If some one has an idea about how we might gather such information
please step to the plate and take your cuts.
     My Very Best

george [[log in to unmask]]       FROM THE GREAT STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS