re horseback riding :   (for Margaret Hayon, et al...)

Margaret,

I was thrilled to see someone else noticed the comment of "looking at the
ground."
You must ride english.  If ever anything stuck in my mind it was my riding
instructor telling me "keep your head up and eyes ahead or you'll get
off-balance".  I think I would have been diagnosed with pd much sooner had it
not been for the fact that I was in such good physical condition and worked
on balance, etc...  The thing I miss most in life is my horses and the
wonderful feeling that riding and competing gave me.   I sold my two horses
when I went back to grad. school 4 or 5 yrs. ago, before I was diagnosed, &
had planned to buy another one after I finished.  I haven't.  The fatigue is
so bad at times I just thought it was a bad idea...especially since I have to
board.  However,  I've never given up the hope that someday I can move out to
a small farm and ride again.  You inspired me!

    Rosemary Russell,  49, 2yrs.