Hallo Jeremy,
Glad to have been of help!  BTW was it you who posted the message about the
good old days of the British Empire, when the map was pink, etc etc? (I'm
afraid I deleted a flood of messages - but that one stuck in my mind!)
Since our transatlantic cousins seem to be into fascinating discussions
regarding commonwealths, fishing and long beards, I feel free to raise the
question: which of HM's colonies did you serve in?  (pure curiosity - I
spent much of my childhood in pre-independence West Africa - Gold Coast (now
Ghana) and Nigeria - my late father worked there for many years in P and T
Dept;  I have many happy reminiscences from that period; and much of your
message - unfortunately deleted from my computer - rang retrospective bells
in my memory!)  Do you remember curry lunches? the Club? the "thunderbox"?
etc etc?

Note to Barb Mallut et cetera - <grin, duck and run! - and how's your Latin?>
        per ardua ad astra  -  translate, parse and scan!

        Best wishes,  Margaret Hayon  -  expatriate Brit!