Information Please:
1. I read that Parkinson's Disease is "the fourth most common
   neurological disease of the elderly". Can anyone tell me what
   the first three are?
2. "Hyperexcitable reflex blinks are a cardinal sign of Parkinson's
   disease." I never heard of that before! Reflex blinks have
   nothing to do with the low blink rate frequently mentioned in
   books about PD. Instead they are reaction to a threatened blow,
   first identified as "reflex" by the philosopher Descartes. How
   can "hyperexcitability" be observed, and why isn't it a standard
   part of the neurologist's diagnostic repertoire?
To all who may be disappointed by My fallibility, My apologies. To
anyone who can furnish answers to these questions, My thanks.
Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road