>I think the FDA is acting (as usual) stubbornly when it comes to DHEA. It is
>as if they can't find any HARMFUL effects from taking it, but they are saying
>"No one take it until we find that it causes cancer or something. The FDA is
>a self-propetuating bunch of egotistical jerks. I can't wait for the day when
>all disease will be cured, and they will be out of business. I grant you,
>this may be long after I am gone, but sure enough, I will be looking down
>from heaven and laughing my perfectly healthy butt off.

Be careful of who you might be offending by making blanket statements such
as you did.  I live in the DC area and know some very dedicated people who
work or worked for the FDA - my husband included.  I think what you are
angry at is the bureaucracy that determines speed and accessibility of new
drugs.  On that point I agree with you.

   Susan Hamburger, CG for Stan, 61/15+ yrs
   Chevy Chase, MD
It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the
best, you very often get it.
                     W. Somerset Maughm