Debbie-- you asked, "how can I expect anyone to change..." with regard to
yourmother's negativism, and difficulty in motivating her paid CGs to
empathize.  That's a hard one :-(   I wondered how she responded to the
encouragement and specific suggestions of the neuro? Did she show any
signs of accepting their perspective--even a bit? If so, can you use that
as a reminder to her in a positive way? I would hope the paid CGs were also
aware of the neuro's suggestions, which might help their view of her. It
is terribly hard to live with this negativism day in and day out, and it
must be even harder for your mom to FEEL that way!  I forget whether she is
on any anti-depressants, but she sure sounds depressed! Has there been any
progress on the pallidotomy idea since you wrote? Stay connected!
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/7, Ohio