Hi Mary,

        Each week, I write 3 letters: my mom, my son, and a buddy with ALS.
I can't think of new stuff to say all the time so I find stuff on the Net.
These links and Listservs might help.  In addition to the humor lists, I
also subscribe to a Listserv that has weird tidbits of news (they all help
to fill up weekly letters).   :-})

At 12:26 PM 11/20/96 -0500, you wrote:
<---- snip ---->

>Does anyone know if there's a site
>for humor on the web?
>Mary Sheehan

You might try the following on the Web (each is syntactically correct):

http://www.fce.vutbr.cz/users/kuc/www/jokes.htm
http://homepage.seas.upenn.edu/~pchowla/humor/page.html
http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~yang/jokes/joke.html
http://web.eecs.nwu.edu/~tito/comedy.html
http://users.aol.com/sillyeagle/silly/index.htm
http://members.aol.com/ChePazzo/lounge/index.html
http://www.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Humor__Jokes__and_Fun/Archives/
http://www.puzzledepot.com/trivia/trivia01.shtml

You can also subscribe to some Listservs to receive eMail messages.

1).     To subscribe to the UGA Humor list, send a message to the following
Listserv:

        In the body of the message place the following:
        SUBSCRIBE HUMOR "your name" (No quotes around "your name")

2).     To subscribe to Roshan's Humor List, send a message to:

        Place "roshan" in the subject line. (Nothing more is required.)

3).     To subscribe to the News of the Weird.  Send a message to the following:

        In the body of the message place the following:
        subscribe (nothing more is needed, your email address will be taken
from your
         message.)

Hope all this wonderfulness helps.

Jeff, Seattle WA  (and sometimes the state of confusion)