On Thu, 14 Nov 1996 15:03:52 -0500
George Lussier wrote:

> DEAR Reader, I often wonder where someone is living when I'm reading a
>posting.
>    Formidable problem for sure. BUT I'm still curious if, for example, we
>have membership in all 50 states. It may even prove helpful,for example,
>when the Udall bill comes up this year we might have some indication of in
>which states we are not so well represented.

and

on Tue, 12 Nov 1996 21:40:06 -0500
Terrie Whitling wrote:

> Because I live in Georgia, I unofficially coordinate activity for the
>southern states. Please, I need your help. We need advocates in all 50 states
>but in the south, we particularly need help in Arkansas, North Carolina,
>Louisiana, Florida and Mississippi!

As a first step we can all include our "home state", "home country" in our
signature lines. I volunteer to help collect, record and report the results.
George Lussier makes an excellent point about the importance of knowing where
our political strengths and weaknesses are to better formulate our plan for
the 105th Congress.

If you are one of the "silent majority" members of this group -- I don't mean
the "concealed" members -- your privacy need not be disturbed, just send an
e-mail message to Terrie, or George ( I hope you don't mind Terrie or George
or to me with the name of your state:

Margaret Tuchman(54yrs,dx1980)- NEW JERSEY