I too have wanted hard info re: carbidopa/toxicity, since Peter's neuro
had a similar reaction.  He did not, however, question that not so much was
needed, and assented readily to a reduction in amount.  As for the book
mentioned by a doc with PD, McGoon, we read it a year or so ago, but don't have
 it or recall the title. Our support group may have a copy. A call to a
bookstore asking them to check under author's name in "Books in Print" should
produce the info.  Will be glad for any references anyone has, as SJS requested
in original post.
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,78/7 Ohio