I offer my comments at this time both seeking and sharing advice:

1.  I medicated with ditropan for 7 days recently to attempt to relieve
bladder spasms (rx from my MD.....had taken drug previously for same problem
and it did cause me to suffer more problems with insomnia, but still I needed
some relief from physical symptoms so with a bit of reluctance I decided to
try the drug again.  Insomnia was not as bad this time...hooray.........and
temporary relief from spasms was welcomed.)

2.  Relief from spasms allowed me to catch up on work around the house for
two or three days and then also allowed me time each evening to discuss with
Don a few things that were bothering me...or stewing in the back of my mind.
 In other words..............I decided over the course of three evenings to
gradually work into a list of several of the things that he had done wrong in
the course of 33 years of marriage. (those lists can get fairly long and do
take several days to assemble and talk about.)

3.  then I stopped taking the ditropan and within 24 hours it seems that Don
was able to improve his behavior dramatically!
I could even find a few things to praise that he had accomplished in the last
33 years. (that list assembles itself a lot faster).

So.............
How quickly do any of you recognize depression/self pity/when it is drug
induced?
 How do you tell your spouse so as not to belittle her/his complaints?
How quickly do you get MDs to respond?
 Any clues from any patients as to how to recognize this and respond to it
quickly before dragging poor spouse through the mirk of your muddle?

I can see the problem from the edge of the scene...........but I am not good
at recognizing myself in the middle of the muck  while I am working so hard
at trying to sling it rather than wade on out at top speed.

Brain chemicals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two + weeks offers a lot of hindsight  and even more dread of wandering into
the mire again.

RIta Weeks