Margaret Tuchman's re-sending Alan Bonander's message on depression was
aptly timed.   Tomorrow there will be a joint meeting of the San Fernando
Valley/ Los Angeles Metro young-onset support groups to hear Dr. Slatkin's
rich perspective, which Alan had broadcast so effectively to us.
Everyone is welcome to join us:

Saturday, November 23rd
1: 00 pm to 3:30 pm
Granada Hills Community Hospital
10445 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills

Topic:  Depression in Parkinson's and the "Holiday Blues"
speakers:
Neal Slatkin, MD
Medical Director of the City of Hope Parkinson's Disease Center
and
Matthew Seidman,  Psychotherapist

Joanne Nelson, founder of "Wellness Interaction Network", arranged for them
to  come speak.  We'll be making an audiotape of their talk and possibly a
transcription too which we'll make available if the speakers agree.  All
the Los Angeles area support groups have been invited to join us.  And
there will be cookies!

The odds are good that at least six members of this list will be in the
crowd.  (I expect to hear some "Cheers!" and maybe some <giggles>.)  Plus
David Boots said we could hand out his great grisley turkey poem and his
touching letter to his sister.  Carole Hilton provided copies of the talks
from the Rancho Mirage Symposium.  Barbara Patterson's People are
well-represented in the Land of the Fruit and the Nuts.

Please call me if you need directions or  more information.

Mary Yost, tel . 310/824-7416
48/diag.1990, slowly recovering workaholic