Hi,

Some of you might remember last Dec there was a message on the list asking
for people to come forward for a book called "24 Hours in Cyberspace".

The book is now out; I've just got a copy and it is well worth a look - an
excellent way of seeing the human side of the Internet. Its going to be
useful to me when trying to convince people that the Internet is about
people, not computers.

You can see their web site at http://www.Cyber24.com/ and you can order the
book for $39.99 from Amazon books (http://www.amazon.com) or your favourite
on line book store.

For those of you without web access, the important details are:

>Authors: Rick Smolan (Editor), Jennifer Erwitt (Creator)
>Bk&Cd Rom Edition, Hardcover
>List: $49.99 -- Amazon.com Price: $39.99 -- You Save: $10.00(20%)
>Published by Que Corp
>Publication date: October 1, 1996
>Dimensions (in inches): 11.41 X 10.01 X 1.07
>ISBN: 0789709252

Here's a write up from the web site:

---------------

24 Hours in Cyberspace, the new book by Rick Smolan, creator of the "Day
in the Life..." series, involved the talents of over 150 top
photojournalists who fanned out across the globe to document a typical
day in Cyberspace creating a "digital time capsule" of the people whose
lives are being touched by the online revolution. The goal of the 24
Hours in Cyberspace project was not only to highlight the technology,
but also to show the effect it's having on human culture around the
world.

The book also contains a free CD-ROM which holds the entire Web site,
with three times as many pictures as in the book, as well as a
"Nightline" video, free software and demonstrations. In addition,
printed on the end pages of the book are the names of the 40,000 people
around the world who took the time to sign their names and their
children's names on the walls of our "Digital Cave" on February 8th.

Cyberspace is one of the most talked-about and least-understood topics
in the world this year. Yet to anyone who hasn't been online, it's
incredibly difficult to explain. "24 Hours" set out to capture and
illustrate the human face of Cyberspace. "24 Hours in Cyberspace will
give the viewer goosebumps, bring tears to their eyes and make people
laugh."

Enjoy.....

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============