Hi,

Yesterday I attended a Parkinson Symphosium in Bad Nauheim and would like to
share some information with the other list members. The meeting was organized by
the PD clinic Bad Nauheim (Prof. Henneberg). Many Neuros and PWD came to listen
to the speeches of some leading PD  researchers (Prof. Jellinger / Vienna, Prof.
Riederer / Wurzburg amongst others.

The most striking presentation (at least in my view) was given by Prof. Reuven
Sandyk (Department of Neuroscience Institute for Biomedical Engineering and
Rehabilitation Services, Touro College in New York. He talked about his
invention of "Electromagnetic Therapy for Parkinson's Disease". In a video he
showed the stunning results of his therapy: Four PWP were shown before and after
treatment.

Before: Severe tremor, stiffness, bad walking, exhausted and depressed.
After treatment: Considerable improvement, hardly any tremor, good walking.
Treatment: Melatomin production in the pineal gland drops under exposure to a
magnetic field. According to his findings there is a close interaction between
melatomin and L-Dopa. The patients get a device (earphone) on their head anad
some coils inside stimulate the brain with an electric current for about 30
minutes.

The result seems to be convincing. Even one PWP in the clinic tried it the day
before...we could see the same good result in a video.

According to Prof. Sandyk it is not a cure but a very efficient complimentary
treatment for PD and does not substitute for our drugs. He said having
successfully treated about 100 PWP in the USA.
My questions to other readers:
Is this treatment widely known in the USA? (in Germany not)
Are there any negative side effects and risks? (he mentioned nothing)
Is there ay reading material about it available?
Perhaps this subject was already discussed in detail on this list and I did not
notice it.

Anyway, I am always looking for some help in the daily fight with my PD and
would highly appreciate to receiving comments on this therapy.

With kind regards
Dietmar Wessel (42/7)