On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 14:53:13 -0500 Irving Morgenroth
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I thought I would throw out two unrelated queries about which I seem
>be equally curious.  I would appreciate any comments regarding either.
>

>2.  Wheelchairs - Can someone recommend a lite-weight wheelchair I can
>throw in the car and move about in easily by myself.

GREETINGS

I called a friend of mine who was in an ultra light accident and is now a
paraplegic. He has a Quickie II wheel chair that has slanted wheels that
come off with the push of a button, then folds up. It's kind of bulky but
able to be handled by one person. It's made of aircraft aluminum. There
is a new model out called the Quickie Revolution that folds up to the
size of a briefcase after the wheels are removed and weighs about 25-26
lbs.  They gave me the name of the distributor-- Wheelchair Warehouse
1-800-829-0202.

Another No. they gave me for a more traditional style of chair is from
Everest & Jennings 1-800-235-4661.

Hope this gives you a place to start.

Jon Meyer 39/1 ([log in to unmask])
another Hoosier

They were given a price of $1300 - $1400.