At 07:06 PM 11/23/96 -0500, you wrote:
>   TO "LIZ. S."{CALIF as if we would haven't.guessed.]  GONG!  Wrong

>    TO Will Johnston {MD] Two fast balls down the middle of the plate? I
>don't know about question #2.
>Could be a curve ball..HMMMMMM.
>       Question #1 Kingdom of Franklin or do you mean FRANKLAND? What do
>you want to know?  In 1784 a group of settlers feeling neglected by the
>central govt.met in Jonesboro and set up what they called the State of
>Franklin or Frankland. This was on land ceded by N.Carolina to the Federal
>Govt. This land, located on the western portion of N.Carolina, was not
>recoginized  by the N.Carolina officials dispite the Popularity of Ben
>Franklin after whom the state was named. This "State lasted until 1788 and
>was awarded statehood in 1796 as the State of TENNESSEE.THE REASON IT WAS
>SOME TIMES REFERRED  to as the "Kingdom of Franklin" had to do with the
>number of British Loyalists to be found in N. Carolina area. The Brits are
>every where.!!
>      QUESTION #2 The state most recently  to "formally" [IS THAT YOUR
>CURVE, WILL?] Join into the United States. HAWAII would be my choice.August
>21 1959.Now if you threw me a curve I expect another turn at bat

A curve? Yes... A hint.. Sticking with the baseball theme.. What state is
the home state of the major league baseball team which had the best win/loss
average in the major
leagues but did not play in the World Series?  Better hint:  Its two major
league cities start with the same letter... The two teams appear to have the
same name, one being ethnic and the other being color, but such a
relationship was not intended, at least not all over... The owner of the
colorful one is perhaps too colorful herself.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
If I remember correctly, Ohio failed to have the admission document properly
completed until some time in the 1960's.  There was no doubt as to
statehood...Just a bureaucratic oversight.  You have the Kingdom of Franklin
properly located.  I'm originally a Tennesseean and my wife grew up in Ohio.

Totally useless information but fun.

Will

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter