On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, Sonic D wrote:

> A question to those of you who have had a pallidotomy.  Did you have post operative fatigue? If you did, how long did it last?  Did it increase the amount of your "on time" or did it make the "off" symptoms less problematic?  I look forward some replys.

HI
Fatigue and Pallidotomy What a pair!!
In the 8 months since my Pallidotomy I have fallen asleep while working
at my computer and while sitting in a chair.  The really immense fatigue
began to fade after 5 / 6 months and current tiredness can often be traced
 to too much activity----unlike the post-op variety.

Some of the best accounts of pallidotomy and recovery were written by
Barbara Yacos and the late Alan Bonander. I would suggest an archive
search for their postings. John Cottingham's regular postings give
instructions on accessing the archives.
And if you live in Canada, the Parkinson Foundation has a booklet on
surgery for Parkinsons. Call 1 800 565 3000 for a copy.
Anne Rutherford  <[log in to unmask]>