Just so you know, George:

Your writings on States etc. were entertaining and very welcome, from my
point of view. I bet I speak for lots of us.

I look forward to more of your interesting and obviously carefully
researched work. Let nobody discourage you.

Cheers,  David
--------
On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, George M. Andes wrote:

> To All:
>
> I do repent me of ever bringing up the subject of Commonwealths, States, and so
> forth.  I had no idea that what I thought was pretty harmless (yes, and also
> useless) stuff which those who weren't interested could ignore would give rise
> to such hostility and hurt feelings.
>
> My feelings have not been hurt; no one has been unkind to me.  I hope I have
> been unkind to no one.  Nonetheless, I still feel uneasy about the ensuing
> ruckus following my silly posting.
>

> George Andes

David Robert Austen
Masters Degree Program in Information Science
Indiana University, Bloomington
Indiana 47405 U.S.A.
Telephone 812 335 8835  Fax 812 335 8598