Samantha:

RE: Your message Sunday about your husband's medications........

Maybe this information will help you: Two years after I was diagnosed, I
increased my daily Sinemet dosage to four 25/100 pills (400 mgs), the same as
your husband.  I also took two 5 mg Eldepryl tablets a day (the recommended
dosage, as I understand it.) That was three years ago. Now at 5 1/2 years, I
take a total of 900 mgs of Sinemet every 24 hours (200 mgs of that total
comes in a time release pill I take at bedtime so I will have mobility about
seven or eight hours later when I need to prepare for the day).

I checked my PDR FAMILY GUIDE TO PRESCRIPTION DRUGS and found this:

                 ARTANE  is a Parkinson's drug, used primarily in conjunction
with Sinemet to control tremors.
                  ZOLOFT   is used for "major depression."
                  LOTENSIN is used to treat high blood pressure.

This may seem like a lot of drugs to you, but if your husband has problems
with depression and high blood pressure, he may need to take ZOLOFT and
LOTENSIN (or something ..... I'm no doctor). You didn't mention those
problems in your message, but I cannot believe your husband would have "major
depression" and "high blood pressure" without you knowing about it.

Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Stan Houston (53/5)    [log in to unmask]
Cat Spring, Texas 78933