Dear Elik:

I go to a support group for Mentally Ill ea. Wednesday. We have 2 son’s
which have a  mental disease of some type. The group I belong to tries to
get the mentally ill / homeless off the street clean them up give them
housing and some a part-time job.
Approx. 6 weeks ago our leader (psychiatrist) flew to Florida for the
introduction of the Eli Lily (Olanzapine)which could replace both
Closaril and Resperdol if it works. He immediately started his patients
on the new medication with fairly good results for the short time (weeks
only)which they have been on it.
Advice he normally gives is -do not go off the present medication when
you try Olanzapine since it does not interfere. Slowly withdraw the
Clozaril over a month or so. Some patients he found are still on a
combination of the two drugs since their symptoms reappeared when he
reduced the Clozaril too low. Some are totally off the Clozaril taking
only  the Olanzapine and  doing better.

Last Elik, the drug is so new and was only tested on 4000 patients all of
which had some mental disorder (none with PD). The drug appeared to be
the drug of the century since 80% of the trial patients did so well.
The drug they claim is better, Cheaper and has no side effects.

Good luck,

Henry Guttentag