Earlier this month Dale introduced his "Grass  Roots" Fund raiser idea from
which the following is extracted.

>>1. Make a monthly contribution by check to the PD organization of your
choice.
2. Send the check to me to tabulate the statistics on the donations.
3. I will then forward your check on to the institution named on the check..
I suggest that you indicate in the memo area  on the check for “PD Research
only.” If that is your intention.
4.. Your canceled check will be verification that the checks were forwarded
to the respective organizations. My firm in 1996 will match donations
received up to $ 25.00 per donation and for a gross total of $ 500.00 and
will make another matching offer  for 1997.
5. The PDF has offered to send an acknowledgment of any funds received for a
two month period to assist in establishing my credibility.. I did not
approach any other organizations with this request.  Normally the cost of
acknowledging  a small donation is too great an expense for the large
foundations.<<

I agreed  to test the procedure.  On November 13, I mailed a check, payable to
PDF, to Dale Severance.  I don't know Dale but think that you have to respect
his efforts to at least get the ball rolling.
Today I received the following from PDF and I quote:

"This is to thank you for your most welcome and generous check of November 13.
It is help of this kind that keeps funds flowing to the best research on
Parkinson's disease and for this we are truly grateful.

I also want to acknowledge that our mutual friend Mr. Dale Severance has made a
gift of the same amount in recognition of your gift.  We thank you both."

It appears that Dale's plan is workable.  NOW COME ON.  JUMP IN.  LET'S GET SOME
MORE OF DALE'S MONEY.

Dale make's reference to sending a monthly check when we send a check to our
'server'.  I have mine paid automatically by credit card.  Is this an
impossibility??  I would prefer this as it would be one less thing to remember.
Albert (Joe) Young Jr.
Western Pennsylvania