It has previously been reported here and commented on that the Pope
considered himself blessed when learning of his PD affliction.

In a strange way, I can now understand that comment. Before I was afflicted I
just  kept my head down and my nose to the grindstone as I worked away 70 to
80 hours a week.

Now that my productive hours are declining I have to allocate my time  more
effectively.

Most importantly I feel a new sense of  direction in my  efforts to help PWPD
to strive to eliminate this disease before it effects are children or our
grand-children.

In the last two months I’ve met so many nice people from this list and the
IRC chat channel that it has giving me a new outlook on life.  Maybe the Pope
is right but then again I could get along with a cure in my life time .

Prayers , dollars and grass root support for those persons working to change
the status guo can not hurt. When you see an example of  people working for
us send them a note of appreciation it will lift there sprits and keep them
motivated. I’m referring to events like those accomplished by the
participants that brought the PAN, NPF and the APDA together to form a united
front. Thanks for listening.

Dale Severance
4:30 am  11/26/96
metro. New York