O.K., now that all the initials in the title of this post have confused you...
I'm a federal employee in the Washington, D.C. area. This is the last week of the Combined Federal Campaign drive, where we can designate part of our salary to go to a charitable organization.  My father, Jim (79/9), has Parkinson's, so I would like to earmark some of my pay for an appropriate organization. Trouble is... which one?  There are several national and international Parkinson's research groups and foundations, so I'm confused. It's not my intention to incite a flurry of P.R. among list members for the various organizations, but could you possibly shed some light and help me with my decision?  Thanks to all.

Maura D. Bernard