>These are important questions.  The L-dopa only functions to improve the
>symptoms by providing some of the dopamine the brain needs to function
>normally.  In no way does it retard the progression of the disease.  There
>is some evidence that Eldepryl slows the progression of the disease by
about >9 >months, but more than half of the people in our support group have
quit
>taking it because of various side effects.
You mean there's a time table for this disease?? Has it changed at all from
the time it got a name?

>     Try reducing the Sinemet doses to 1/2 dose each time, and see what
>effect that has. You could keep a diary and chart the results.  Of course, at
>any time this seemed uncomfortable, he could resume the regular dose.  You
>could start with either the Sinemet or the Artane (for tremor, if I remember
>correctly), but in order to find out what meds cause/relieve what symptoms,
>it's best to start with one.
Which one causes nausea? He'd like to get rid of that one first.

>     Another option down the road is to see if the Zoloft can be withdrawn
>gradually.  It works wonders for some people, but there are some who react
>badly to it.  That should be worked out with his doctor.
We asked for him to switch from Zoloft to something I read about on the WEB
called Buwell or Welltane or something like that. She ignored it, and
switched the times he takes it and decreased the dosage. Again, she's a
doctor with the Parkinson's Foundation, so I have to believe she's doing
what's best for Joel. Bah.
* With a smile in her byte, *