continuing the SUBJECT   maybe something here will be of help to someone
else.

For the newcomers
Pre Pallidotomy    toe/foot/leg cramping    lower body tremor   stiffness
Pallidotomy  May 13  Dr. Lozano,  Toronto, CA
Post Pallidotomy   NO CRAMPING  less body tremor   gradually less stiffness
developed edema in both legs/feet     VERY tired   could fall asleep in a
wink
on advice of internist   took  40mg waterpill and 5000units B12  100 B1   100
B6  on
  alternative days     corrected the problem in less than 8 weeks
still take the B vits

Visited neuro in September   (regular scheduled visit)  showed him my
progress
also discussed (thankx to Alan Bonander) reducing 25/100 > 10/100   agreed
reduced Parlodel  35%   reduced  Permax  30%   reduced  50/200  30%   agreed
NO INCREASE IN ANY SYMPTOMS

BUT..in October...I suffered from PD TRAUMA after undergoing three operations
to correct my right wrist badly broken when I fell asleep at the wheel in
late August.
Lots of front thigh (left side only   had LEFT SIDE  P)  lots of freezing
 and tremor
at SAME time each day... was getting a lousy 5-6 hours sleep...woke every
hour with leg pain.   Agreed to  INCREASE  10/100 from 9 > 12 daily in 1
litre OJ  and to change time of the 1PM CR and increase one drink-dose at 8PM
Note:  our neuro explained that before my "P"  I was unable to accept any
additional meds.
after "P"  one can accept controlled increases of pre-P Sinemet levels
without side effects
ALL THE ABOVE TO GET TO THIS POINT

Because I was sleeping only about 2 good hours and 3 broken hours  my body
and my mind was falling apart
Chuck worked with my neuro to try the following protocol
take   1 x 25mg AMITRIPTYLINE  (ELAVIL) at 9PM  to relax me during hi stress
time
take   2 x  5mg  AMBIEN (sleeping pill)  at 10PM
take   2 x 50/200 Sinemet CR at 0100    instead  of  10PM

RESULT

Using  FORM 10  Parkinson's Disease Daily Diary   which is used to track the
level of
ON/OFF and DYSKINESIA  plus room to track times of sleep and meds   EVERY 1/2
HR.
(I will try to draw a Form 10 here if anyone want to try this test)
level 4 unable to walk                                     dyskinesia level 3
 diasabling
level 3 walks with assistance                                           level
2  troublesome
level 2 able to walk - very slowly
                                      level 1  mild  not a problem
level 1 able to walk - slowly
level 0 normal

In the first six days before the above changes and additional sleeping aids
I experienced   54 hours of  combined  levels 4 and 3
                      44 hours of  combined  levels 2 and 1
                      10 hours of level  0
                      36 hours of sleep   average 6 hours per day

In the second six days after  the above changes
I experienced   21 hours of combined  levels 4 and 3
                      61 hours of combined levels 2 and 1
                      10 hours of level  0
                      52 hours of sleep   average 9 hours per day

the pain is only slight  and the freezing  almost gone   only slight tremor

IN MY CASE ITS OBVIOUS THAT SLEEP HAS IMPROVED MY LIFE QUALITY

Happy Thanksgiving to my extended family worldwide.

Joyce