Hi Debby

> ... better than any advice from my neurologist.

Don't discard him just yet !!! You may find he knows what he's talking
about!

> My one question is this - my neurologist tells me to take as much
> Sinemet as necessary to keep me comfortable but I've
> also heard that the less taken the better.

These two advices are not contradictory! It's like a speed limit: rarely
does it tell you how fast you HAVE to go - more usually it tells you the
most you may do.

My approach is to keep the meds to the minimum that allows me to operate
reasonably well. Overdo it, and one is likely to get side effects, so,
try it for yourself.

> ... I've got a lot of years ahead of me and want to do what's best.

Think about it: would you rather have 20 miserable years fighting a
continuous battle against disabling symptoms, or would you prefer
fifteen of "quality life" (relatively speaking)??? I know which way MY
decision would go.

Good luck.

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)