I used to ride a lot.  My mom and I used to show horses and we never had a
better time. We usually rode Western, but sometimes we did English.  I
didn't find learning English as hard as some Westerners make it out to be
(of which I am one).  I am from Montana and you don't see a lot of English
saddles around here.  I didn't find it so hard (once I got on since I am
rather short) because I spent most of my childhood riding horses bareback.
When I got Epilepsy at 11 my dr told me to stop riding and it got me very
upset. As far as I was concerned then there wasn't life without horses! My
dad on the other end told me I could think of my Epilepsy as as a handicap
or a G**D*** nuisance. Then he handed me my English riding helmet.  Needless
to say I rode horses until I got married and had to move away,  Lack of
funds to keep my horse made me sell him and I regret it to this day. Someday
I hope to live at a place where I can have another horse not to mention
being able to afford buying and keepin one.  But thanks to my dad I had a
great childhood on the back of my horses.
Laurie
Billings, Montana