Second try to send mail.
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: Response to Margaret, Pramipexole
Date:    96-11-30 13:18:24 EST
From:    JMcCabe24
To:      [log in to unmask]

Margaret,

Thanks for providing the write up on Pramipexole. I  am 58 and was dx with
parkinsons seven years ago. My main sympton is a tremor in my right arm. I
was asked to participate in two pramipexole clinical trials as I have early
stages of parkinsons and not on sinemet (a low dose for two months did not
alleviate parkinsons symptons).

I was in two pramipexole studies. The first was a blind study. I must of had
some level of the real thing, as when the trial ended my tremor got worse.
The second trial, still going on, is for safety/tolerability levels. My
current medication is as follows:
  Pramipexole    3.75 mg daily
  Amantadine      100 mg daily
  Zoloft              100 mg daily (for depression)

The combination of Pramipexole and Amantadine are controlling my tremor to a
manageable/acceptable level. In fact, I was able to reduce each medication
during the last year without worse symptons occurring. I have side effects
including memory loss, mental confusion, and occasional dizziness, but not to
the unacceptable level that I had with Artane about four years ago. I have
tried many combinations of medications over the past seven years and find
that this current combination works best for me with the least side effects.
Glad that it will soon be on the market.

Hope that this helps.

John F. McCabe   58/7   New York