This was copied from our Net Provider's Newsletter.  Occassionally I have
come across acronyms and knew what they meant or got to try MBG (i.e. My
Best Guess).  Perhaps the following definitions will help others on the
Parkinson's List translate obscure acronyms easier and even save keystrokes
if you decide to try some. -- Llyn G.
~~~3~~~  Shorthand in News and E-mail

Several users have inquired about the meaning of abbreviations
that they have seen in e-mail or news postings.  Even experienced
users may encounter a puzzling one, occasionally.  Some of the
most commonly used acronyms are:
    AND         Any Day Now
    AFAIK      As Far As I Know
    B4N          Bye for Now
    BBS          Bulletin Board System
    BL            Belly Laughing!
    BTA         But Then Again
    BTDT       Been There, Done That
    BTW        By The Way
    CUL         See You Later  (sometimes spelled CUL8R)
    DTP         Desk Top Publishing
    F2F          Face to Face
    FAQ         (rhymes with "back") Frequently Asked Questions
    FB            Flame Bait
    FLAME OFF Off limits for flaming
    FLAME ON  Normal flaming rules restored
    FUD          Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt
    FWIW       For What It's Worth
    FYI           For Your Information
    <G>          Grin
    GAL          Get A Life
    GIGO         (sounds like guy-go) Garbage In, Garbage Out
    GIWIST     Gee, I Wish I'd Said That
    GMTA       Great Minds Think Alike
    IAC           In Any Case
    IC              I See
    IDTT         I'll Drink To That
    IME           In My Experience
    IMO          In My Opinion
    IMHO        In My Humble Opinion
    IOW          In Other Words
    IRL            In Real Life
    JIC            Just In Case
    LOL           Laughing Out Loud
    MBG          My Best Guess
    OTOH        On The Other Hand
    *POOF*     I'm gone
    POV           Point Of View
    PTB            Powers That Be
    RE              Regarding
    ROFLOL     Rolling On Floor, Laughing Out Loud
    SYSOP       System Operator  (an old BBS term)
    TAFN         That's All For Now
    TIA            Thanks In Advance
    TNTL         Trying Not To Laugh
    WRT          With Regard To

and my favorite:
    2MSA      Too Many Stupid Acronyms!  <G>
***    Doug & Llyn Gruber      <[log in to unmask]>      ***
***    YESTERDAY is HISTORY...                                ***
***    TOMORROW is MYSTERY...                           ***
***   .TODAY is a gift...That's why they call it          ***
***                 "THE PRESENT"!    :-)                  ***