Aan 28-11-96 9:33, in bericht <[log in to unmask]>, Pat Reilly
<[log in to unmask]> schreef:

> Margaret Mates wrote:
> >
> > At a recent PD support group meeting here in Cape Girardeau, Missouri
> > we had a session of relaxation followed by light resistance
> > exercise.  During the relaxation phase of the "workout" I found that
> > my tremors (arms and legs) became worse; during the resistance
> > exercises the tremors lessened.  However, another member of our group
> > experienced just the opposite; quiet (no tremor visible) until we
> > started the exercises then his hand and arm tremors really got going.
> > Can anyone speculate as to what might cause this difference in tremor
> > reaction to relaxation and exercise?      Margaret Mates
>
> Margaret
> While exercising and streaching blood flow to the muscles is increased
> to provide more oxygen and fuel (sugars).  Dopa is used by the muscles
> as a sugar which implies reduced levels in blood stream and less to the
> brain.  If you were close to your next meds the increased exercise may
> have dropped your blood levels to low.  When I exercise I have to take
> extra meds to supplement usually a 10/100 and my regular 50/200 sinememt
> before and another 10/100 after.
>
> Aloha
> Pat Reilly
> Honolulu, HI

Margaret,

 The person whose tremor got worse during resistance did he/she have the same
sort of tremor as the others. I know two different tremors: one the typical
parkinson tremor has a high fequency and and a low amplitude (a small rapid
tremor). This is a so-called non intention tremor. It is there whenn your hand
does nothing and disappears when your hand gets some work. Another tremor has
an lower frequency and greater amplitude,is more coarse and  not only the hand
or foot but a whole limb is involved. This tremor is one of the end of med.
symptoms tough not completely restricted to that. It gets worse when you want to
do anything even when using another limb. The second tremor is more troubling
than the first. Could it be you saw these different tremors. Maybe it was
something else,but I have no other explanation.

                                               Ida Kamphuis
                                                    Holland