Dear Christine:

I wish I had the answers to your valid questions. Only being 28 yrs of
age
might make you one of the few youngest one's.

I am still skeptical when I hear somebody so young having been diagnosed
with Parkinson's.

You must understand that I am the caregiver for my wife who has PD. We
had
sad experiences with the medical doctors of diagnosing diseases properly.
We had 18 doctors and 3 hosp. stay’s including operations and many $$
later
we found that my wife was treated for the wrong disease for 3.5 yrs.

Since you are so young and it is not a young disease I would like to see
you
get a third opinion. Keep in mind that Doctors follow each other in
diagnoses
once they read the report from the previous doctor etc. PD is sometimes
hard
to diagnose.

As for the  depression I can only tell you that my wife suffers from them
daily
even while she is on anti-dep medicine. In her case none of the
anti-depr.
medicine have worked. The support group I take her to where we discuss
the
depression I find that some can avoid the depression with the  anti-depr.
med’s they take. It must work for them. Each situation warrant a lot of
experimenting.

Hopefully the rest of the members will anwer some of your other
questions.

Good luck and stay on board.

Henry Guttentag ([log in to unmask])