(I tried posting this yesterday but it was returned - so am trying again! )
At 07:55 PM 26/11/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Bombard this group with questions! They're tireless in their efforts to help.
>I don't understand a lot of the phrases they use like dyskosia .. and all
>those other dys words, but have been embarrassed to ask, since I've done
>nothing but bring my need to them and ask ask ask. Maybe they haven't
>noticed. (ahem)
>
>*****************************
>* With a smile in her byte, *
>*****************************

To Samantha (and anyone else who doesn't understand the phrases):
I copied the following brief definitions from "Young Parkinson's Handbook"
of the American Parkinson Disease Association (appendix A: Parkinson's
Disease Glossary) - hope it will help:
        dysarthria:  difficult, poorly articulated speech.
        dyskinesia:  abnormal involuntary movement.
        dysphagia:   difficulty in swallowing.
        dystonia:    slow twisting involuntary movemeent, associated with
forceful muscle contractions or spasms.
(these terms are all etymologically derived from Greek - any classical Greek
scholars out there?)
I'm also a relative newcomer to this list; and, thanks to responses from
others in the group, I have received masses of very helpful and
attractively-presented literature from the APDA and also from the National
Parkinson Foundation.   For the benefit of other newcomers I've added their
addresses below (apologies to all you veterans who, I'm sure, know them
already!):
 (1)   The American Parkinson Disease Association,
       Information and Referral Center,
        The Glenbrook Hospital,
        2100 Pfingsten Road,
        Glenview, IL 60025.

(2)     The National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
        1501 N.W.9th Avenue, Bob Hope Road,
        Miami, FL 33136.
(They posted it to me in Israel, so may be willing to post to other
countries also.)
Suggestion: would someone like to post a full glossary on the list for the
benefit of us newcomers?  I'd offer to copy out the APDA glossary in full,
but don't really have time - and there may be better glossaries available.
Best wishes to all,   Margaret Hayon  (CG for David, 78/7)
Margaret Hayon
49 Raanan Street,
Haifa 34385,
Israel