Margaret Mates wrote:

> At a recent PD support group meeting here in Cape Girardeau, Missouri
> we had a session of relaxation followed by light resistance
> exercise.  During the relaxation phase of the "workout" I found that
> my tremors (arms and legs) became worse; during the resistance
> exercises the tremors lessened.  However, another member of our group
> experienced just the opposite; quiet (no tremor visible) until we
> started the exercises then his hand and arm tremors really got going.
> Can anyone speculate as to what might cause this difference in tremor
> reaction to relaxation and exercise?      Margaret Mates

Margaret
While exercising and streaching blood flow to the muscles is increased
to provide more oxygen and fuel (sugars).  Dopa is used by the muscles
as a sugar which implies reduced levels in blood stream and less to the
brain.  If you were close to your next meds the increased exercise may
have dropped your blood levels to low.  When I exercise I have to take
extra meds to supplement usually a 10/100 and my regular 50/200 sinememt
before and another 10/100 after.

Aloha
Pat Reilly
Honolulu, HI