At 03.59 1996-11-28 -0500, you wrote:

>Micce
> The 2.5 REM is in addition to natural background.  What I'm interested
>in is a regional break down per capita, because natural occuring
>backgroud differs based on alot of different things.  I'm not sure what
>background is in Sweden but I do know that the NE US has a significantly
>higher level than Hawaii and other areas of the US also vary widely.
>It's just a thought.
>
>Aloha
>
>Pat Reilly
>Honolulu, HI

Pat=20
 Mean background levels in Sweden to the total population are today
estimated to 0.44 REM. This is from all sorts of radiation sources, cosmic,
natural background, from medical treatments and so on. I dont know about the
U.S. but I made a search on the net and maybe you can find some information
in NCRP #94 which is about natural background radiation in USA and Canada.

Hej d=E5          Micce Granstr=F6m