                                      CALL FOR PAPERS

                      Teaching Applications for REED Collections

Last summer, at the Leeds International Medieval Congress, several
contributors to the REED Project began to discuss the possibility of
starting a volume of articles about teaching applications involving
REED collections.   I have volunteered to edit the volume.

Such a collection would illustrate ways faculty members are
using primary materials in teaching the history of regional
drama and entertainment in England prior to 1642.  Other fields where
the documents might be useful include medieval and Renaissance
local history, and the history of language in England to 1642.
Please feel free to suggest other applications as well.

If you are using REED documents and publications in your classes and
would like to contribute an article about your teaching methods to a
collection for the Studies in Early English Drama (SEED) series,
which is edited by Alan Somerset and published at the University of
Toronto, please respond to me at either of the following addresses:

Elza C. Tiner
Associate Professor
Department of English
Lynchburg College