On Dec 1, Jeanne Traux wrote:

 Needless to tell you, I was in a state of shock.  In
hindsight I should not have been for my mother and brother both had
Parkinsons before me

Jeanne you may have seen the article on the discovery of a gene causing
Parkinson's Disease.

The discovery was made in a large famly where 50  % of the family members had
PD. Much more research is need in this area.. You might consider sending you
family history to the Doctors at  Univ. of Med & Dentistry-Robert Wood
Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, New Jersey the facility that made
the discovery to see if your family history might advance there research.

I realize that this suggestion is preumptous and so I apologize if you find
it offensive,  but I thought with your close family ties to PD you might be
interested in the gene research project.

Dale Severance
METRO NY CITY
dales99846 @aol.com