Don,

I was moved by your honourable letter. Seeing people like you who sacrifice so
much in caring for a spouse make the world look a better place to be.  I know
something about the shydrager syndrome because it has been a possible diagnosis
for me. It turned out to be Parkinson.
I think sexuality will never be talked about as casual as yesterday's weather.
I understand your wish to talk with others. Some men in your position look for
sex elswere. It is nobody's right to condemn that. But not choosing this way is
to my opinion the most respectable. I hope your wife is yet capable to
understand how respectful you are towards her. It might give her a
feeling of beeing very precious to you. That will not be injured when you find
someone to talk to and to share how hard this sacrifice is for you.

                                           Ida Kamphuis, psychotherapist
                                                      Holland