At 14:37 12/1/96 -0500, Don Summers wrote:
>Dear Friends,
>        As a male caregiver, I can no longer resist commenting on the
>ongoing discussion of "sex" on your list.  I hope that this will not be seen
>as an intrusion into your group but as an addition of another point of view.
>      <SNIP>
>        Having said that, I will continue to support the need for proper
>decorum and language.  To me, coarse language indicates nothing more than a
>poor vocabulary or carelessness of writing.
>        Thank you again for allowing me to speak.  My intention was not to
>offend anyone only to express another side of a very delicate subject.

        Don:

        You posting was very appropriate and I don't think anyone would
        quarrel with frank discussions of sex on this list. Both PWP's
        and caregivers for PWP's will likely find it a topic of interest.

        Your second paragraph above describes very well the professional
        attitude and approach that should be the object of any discussion
        of this nature.

        Many of us find ourselves in the same role as you explained and
        understand the basic human requirement for sexual experience in
        a loving relationship. Wholesome discussions let us understand
        that we are not alone and that our feelings are not 'abnormal'.

        You need not feel limited in your discussion here as far as I
        am concerned since I believe you will approach the topic with
        the courtesy of a gentleman which should not offend any of the
        list readership.

        Best Wishes.......Jack

E. Jack Savely    [log in to unmask]    Topeka, Kansas
CG - Jeannette 58 - 20
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'