JOE AND JACK

'Subject: Re: Jethro on Sex

At 19:36 11/27/96 -0500, Albert (Joe) Young, Jr. wrote:
>David,
>      I left England many years ago but surely it hasn't changed that much.  I
>would find your 'Jethro on Sex" story more appropriate in a men's club or
posted
>in one of the News Groups soliciting such stories rather than on this List with
>it's numerous members of the fair sex (so I'm old fashioned) who might not find
>your subject matter and language appropriate.  If I'm talking out of turn I'm
>sure you ladies will let me know
>Albert (Joe) Young Jr.

        Joe:

        If you are talking out of turn I would be surprised. But
        in any event, I will be sitting in the corner with you
        if that is indeed the case.

        Another old fashioned member of the male gender who
        believes locker room humor has no place on this list.

        Best Wishes........Jack'

I have not replied earlier  hoping that some others might have joined your
corner and then we could have had a real punch-up(grin).Yes attitudes have
changed greatly in England during the last few years and locker room humour
is largely out; friendly bawdy humour is commonly  exchanged between the
sexes in all classes of society.I have heard versions of Jethro's
'operation' many times in mixed company but the same storey in a 'locker
room ' would now if told  be regarded as distictly wimpish.Anybody who has
played Rugby and has heard an after match rendering ( with or without girl
friends4 present) of 'Eskimo Nell' will know what I mean.Furthermore women
after centuries of repression are firmly in the 'locker room' or it's female
equivalent themselves.Some of the stories told on TV  by  women comediennes
( paricularly the USA imports) even make me feel uncomfortable but then
perhaps I,m old fashioned as well.I also felt slightly sad when the other
day buying a paper, a lad of about ten in front of me purchased a paper
obviously as instructed by his parents( if he had any) which has the
enormous headlines on the front page 'VAMPIRE SEX FIENDS PRAY ON VIRGINS'
Makes the mind boggle doesn't it?

Belately however I will appologize if I have caused offence to you or
anybody else.One of the drawbacks of this medium of communication is that
one rarely knows if  anybody is listening to you and if so what is their
reaction.Silence does not necesssarily signifyi approval .

You will be pleased to know that there will be no further news of Jethro for
some considerable time. He has had to go into a clinic to be treated for his
alchohol addiction also his sinemet habit which as Emma points out
contributes to his high libido.  Bearing in mind a recent message about an
old gentleman being sued for sexual
harassment one can only  hope that he keeps his hands off the nurses.I am
also personally pleased that he will be out of action as he had threatened
to take a months  vacation at the Parkinsons Arms. Although Millie saw him
as being a fruitful source of offseason revenue others in the village had
mixed feelings particularly the women.The  village shop is understood to
have been doing a good trade in personal alarms and 4-lever locks.I will be
pleased to forward to him in the clinic any get well or hate messages.

DAVID