B'S"D

Dear Friends,

It has been quite some time since I have communicated on
this list.

On Dec. 15, Aviva is scheduled to enter hospital for a 10
day (approx.) drug holiday. From what we've been given to
understand, the benefits in terms in re-sensitizing to
meds don't last long (2 weeks?) which is unfortunate since
now, in her 12th year with PD, the meds are giving very
little effect.

Aviva is going for the drug holiday because of her severe
cerebellar atrophy for which no treatment is being suggested.
It severely affects balance and probably other things as well.

Dr. Iacono, on the assumption that the atrophy was a result
of toxicity coming from long-term use of meds, gave her large
doses of Hydergine but after a few months this didn't seem to
help and was discontinued. On this same assumption, and since
no other options seem to be available, we are hoping that the
drug holiday will, perhaps, detoxify Aviva's cerebellum in some
significant way.

We do anticipate that the remaining benefits from her March,
1995 bilateral pallidotomy done by Dr. Iacono will mitigate the
discomfort associated with drug holidays.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know of anyone having undergone pallidotomy
   taking a drug holiday?

2. Does anyone have any experience and/or advice concerning
   drug holidays?

3. Does anyone have any advice concerning the treatment of
   cerebellar atrophy?

4. Friends of ours are singing the praises of ozone therapy.
   Does anyone know of any cases of PD or cerebellar atrophy
   being so treated?

Thank you and blessings,

David S. Devor - [log in to unmask]
Project Mind Foundation  -  Keren Mivtsa Mochin
www.webscope.com/project_mind/project_mind.html

| Scientists have yet to discover that science is the ultimate spiritual |
| endeavor in which the whole body must become an instrument of creative |
| vision serving holistic, abundance-generating, restriction-eliminating,|
| spirit-liberating, physical, world transformation.  - T.Kun            |
| Join our MOCHIN mind/matter list discussing world transformation!      |
| Send: subscribe mochin yourfullname, to: [log in to unmask]          |
| For sample chapters of Kun's, PROJECT MIND, contact: [log in to unmask]      |