Hi George Lussier

> ... many of us find it difficult to talk with these
> people
>    SOME IDEAS REGARDING THE DEVELOPMENT OF A PARTNERSHIP WITH OUR
> HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
>      #1 ...attitude adjustment.
>      #2 Be prepared to answer a question with an honest response.
>      #3 Be prepared to ask questions. The interview is a two way street
> I find it helpful to write down the questions in advance.

That's probably the most important suggestion in a stack of good ideas &
approaches. Most of us have difficulty remembering, and the stress of a
consultation drives the questions out of our minds! :-)

>      #4 ...get to know your HCP by researching ...

This can be difficult in UK, but not impossible.

>      And MOST IMPORANTLY you have the right to ask any HCP any reasonable
> question.

ANY QUESTION AT ALL, so long as it's relevant, reasonable or not,is my view!

You left out one useful suggestion:
Make sure you belong to one of the support groups with a bit of clout,
so that in the event of not getting the right relationship with your
HCP, your backup team will lean on him/her for you.

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)