My father, who is 75 has just been diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease.  He has
been ill for more than one year with a variety of symtoms including reduced
movement in all his limbs, difficulty in walking and some shakiness.  He has
also had severe depression, and the medical view was that the depression was
causing the physical symtoms.  He has been convinced that there was something
else wrong with him and a second neurologist has now suggested Parkinsons
disease.  The one cofusing thing is that he is experiencing a lot of pain in his
legs, and is being tol;d that this is not normally a symptom of Parkinsons,
does any one out there have any comments or info on this.

It seems from readiong some of the information on the web that the drug
treatment for the disease can be quite complex, particularly for older people
where some of the drugs can bring on dementia.  I'm fairly new to this so sorry
if this is not correct.  Anyway my father would like to make sure that he is
under an expert practitioner :

        CAN ANYONE RECOMEND THE BEST DOCTORS FOR TREATING PARKINSONS IN THE UK.
MORE PARTICULARLY IN THE LONDON AREA?  As my father is keen to begin some form
of medication as soon as possible quick responses wuld be appreciated.

Finally does anyone have any general comments, advice or information regarding
Parkinsons disease which onsets in later life?

Many thanks look forward to reciving your replies.

Sara.