On Tue 03 Dec, Debby Hurlbert wrote:
> I tried to reply to you directly but couldn't.
>
> Thanks for your advice on my sinemet dose.  I do take 1/2 25/100 every two or
> three hours depending on how I'm doing.  It seems like I'm always popping
> pills but this seems to work best for me.  What do you think about taking 1/2
> the 10/100 instead?  I've tried to get into your program at Ron Vetters
> website but haven't had any luck.  Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Debby Hurlbert

Hello, Debby - You got to me with both private and public messages, so I'll
   Yes, taking tablets every 2 hours is a nuisance, but if it is effective,
it seems to me to be a small sacrifice. I do practice what I preach by the
way: I take 1 and a half Madopar dispersible tablets every 2 hours.(Madopar
is effectively the same as Sinemet, but the dispersible tablet has 50 mg of
Levodopa.) So in other words, I take 75 mg of levodopa every 2 hours. After
16 years of levodopa, this is the ONLY way in which I can hit the small
target that I am aiming at. 85 mg/2 hours is too much, and 65 mg/2hrs is
too little. My diagnosis was 17 yrs ago, and earliest symptoms 24 years ago
(When I was 33, so I suppose I was a fairly young onset PWP ?

Regarding the use of 10/100 Sinemet the question you have to answer is:
What is the total intake of Carbidopa per day ? If it exceeds 100 mg/day
then you can start to think about using some 10/100 tabs instead.  You
need 100 mg/day of Carbidopa to protect the levodopa on its journey from
the lower intestine to the brain. Anything above that is unnecessary. You
can mix 25/100 and 10/100 as you like - they have the same amount of
levodopa in them.

To get into Ron Vetter's Web site, I understand that it is sometimes
necessary to go there in 2 steps: (See below) Try that and see how you get
on.
Regards, Brian Collins

         http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/brianspd.html

        If you get no response, split the URL in two:

     Go to http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/     - This gets you into the site.

    Then go to  ~rfvetter/brianspd.html      This finds my page.
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>