>Simon Coles--thanks for posting the interesting message from Frank Williams.
>Hard to know how much is self-serving, and how much is "gospel truth", but
>as I used to tell my counseling clients, there's always 2 sides to everything--
>even a piece of paper! I've never been terribly fond of APDA because of
>their adamant resistance to any "unity" suggestions, and his letter doesn't
>improve my opinion of them....FWIW.
>Camilla Flintermann,CGfor Peter 78/7, Ohio
Nothing in Coles' letter was surprising to me. I also work in a not-for-
profit healthcare institution, and the high-ticket "business" lunches for
co-workers who could just as well eat in the cafeteria, nepotism, and
six-figure salaries is standard fare. I've asked my boss how they justify
their squandering of donated monies when we have residents whose underwear
is stolen on a steady basis, and she says it goes with the territory.

I work with a man who left a better-paying position with United Way because
it sickened him to see the donations intended to help those in need, go
towards plush offices and parties.

It didn't appear to me that Coles was trying to make excuses for his
embezzlement, but more a ventilation of the frustration he'd been feeling.
It would surprise me to see his whistle-blowing make any difference, because
people donate to causes that they have an interest in, not one they research
for how donations are allocated. I hope I'm proven wrong.

* With a smile in her byte, *