The following tale has been brought to you courtesy of Marvin Giles' inspiring
post of  11/20 wherein he gave directions on how to join the PD Chat on the
Undernet (whatever THAT is).  I admit to ignoring the equally well written
directions posted by John C. a few months ago, and those posted now and then
by a few other intrepid souls, as well.  I HATE typing!   But heck... I
couldn't resist it this time! <grinniing>  I sure hope that Marvin doesn't try
to sell me a used car, next! <giggle>

So there I was, figuring I'd FINALLY gone ahead and downloaded the "mIRC"
program offa the Internet, and I read the Help File, and the FAQS (frequently
asked questions), and piddled around with the decidedly user-friendly program
a bit, and then... THEN I nervously clicked on "CONNECT!"   The next thing I
knew a goofy kinda screen pops up and there's a place to enter in the name of
the IRC chat I wanna join, so I type (just like Marvin said to do...)
#parkinsons
and :::::poof::::: like magic, I find myself the sole inhabitant of a chat
room!  Not only THAT, because I'm the first person there, I have a nifty @ by
my handle, indicating I'm the "offical" host of that chat session!

Soooooo... there I sat.... my @Lil_Honey  <---- Barb's Internet handle and her
temp "host" thinggee) and sat...... and SAT.............. AND SAT!  ALONE!

I've been back to #parkinsons a coupla dozen times already, and have varied my
Iogon times covering the whole 24 hour day over several days.  And I was
always alone there...... Well... not "always," 'cause there WAS a @W there a
coupla times, but there was never a response to my greeting.  Ok...ok.... so I
admit it.... After sitting there typing and waiting for  @W's response for 10
minutes, I started singing - by typing, of course - the Star Spangled Banner."
 But HEY... I was getting REALLY bored waiting for a "howdy" back from this
non-communicative bozo! <g>

I've come to the conclusion that @W is not a "real person" at all, but a
DOCTOR, there to test the patience of any Parkie foolish enough to wander in
at that moment! <grin>

That said, do any of ya chat regularly in #parkinsons?  And if so, what day(s)
and time(s), please?  Also, what or WHO is "W"?  (Come on... YOU can admit it?
 No one HERE will laugh at you.. right, people?) (Everyone nods....) <but I
can see Ernie and Julia starting to chuckle already> <--- Now CUT THAT OUT,
you two!)

I hope to hear from some of you chatters, and that we can meet for a chat in
the ether.  YOU too, "W"...! <smile>

Barb Mallut