Thank you to Ron, John, Barbara and others who have helped me not only
to become a subscriber but also to have some fun the parkinson chat
channel....a task I have been trying to achieve for some time having
observed the fun our teenagers get from talking to people the world over.
I am 50, wife, mother of 3, diagnosed 92, though was aware of some problem
by 89.  My daily drug routine is 400g 100/25 Sinemet CR, 3.75g Parlodel
and 10mg eldepryl (the last of which I will be discussing with neuro soon).
This keeps me pretty well.  I ceased full time "out of the house" work last
year and find the reduction in stress and tiredness, as well as time to
exercise on a more regular basis has helped.
My particular interest in introducing myself is to hear from others who are
having any eye problems. Blephrospasm appears to have been a part of my
condition from inception - ie I believe not drug induced - though maybe
drug exacerbated at times.  I have been having (at least) 3 monthly botulinum toxin
therapy for three years.  My family believe computer screens don't help!
A second interest is in trying to understand the cause of my PD....none in
my family (that I am aware of).  However my mother in law has been diagnosed
for about 8 years (and I believe had it for many years prior to that). She
lived on an orchard and small crop farm  for approx 40 years.   My husband
and I lived on a neighbouring farm for 13 years.... I was diagnosed nine years
after leaving the district. Will be interested  in any comments.