At 11:03 AM 12/4/96 -0500, you wrote:
>As I am new to this list this week, I have questions that maybe you have
>already discussed here - so I'm sorry if this is repetitious!  Just
>wondering if there are any PD people out there who also have diabetes?  My
>70 yr. old FIL fell recently and had a possible fracture of his arm.  They
>x-rayed it and said there is something suspicious that appears to be
>diabetes there!  They are going to do follow-up bloodwork this week.  He is
>a man who LIVES on sweets - bakery, candy, etc. - and has for YEARS!  Could
>this possibly be something that has been there and was mistaken for
>something related to PD all this time?  Surely Rochester, MN, would have
>been onto this discovery during all his routine visits yearly?  He hasn't
>been there in maybe 2 years or so - so maybe it's just developing?  Anyone
>know if there is something related to PD that mirrors diabetes?
>
>Any information on this would be really appreciated!

>Tammy Gargano

Dear Tammy,

We have several with both PD & diabetes in our support group... some  with &
some caregivers.  With the PD, there is a reason many PD patients go for the
sweets. The sense of taste/smell typically is reduced... and sweet is
generally the last to go.
WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter