Hi Joe

> PC Gadget (3 Dec 96)
> ...the familiar mouse, usually with two or more buttons.
> With my uncertain hand and finger control, I found that while
> trying to click on a small target I often would inadvertently move
> the mouse body as well,...

> The new gadget is called a trackpad; ...

The trackpad is great unless you have a lot of manual tremor - then you
get the same effects as the mouse movement whilst trying to click or
whilst trying to release a drag-&-drop operation!

I too had a Glidepoint trackpad, and for a while it was the answer, but
I now have a Toshiba laptop with a little nipple/joystick in between the
G,H&B keys. This, programmed to be quite insensitive at first, but
accelerating when you lean harder on it, does the trick for me, and
irons out all but my worst tremors. I think it is more properly called a
trackpoint, rather than nipple!

:-)

Regards

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)